What is Ayurveda?
- oldest continuously practiced health-care system
- is based on an understanding that human beings are governed by nature’s rhythms and laws
- ignoring these laws can lead to dis-harmony and disease in body and mind
- Ayurveda is specific to each individual considering his/her own unique psychological, emotional, and physical condition
The goal of Ayurveda is to teach people how to achieve and maintain optimal health through a deeper understanding of themselves and their own particular nature in relationship to the world around them.
Please see below for a list of private sessions and workshops.
Ayurveda Health Counsellor and Yoga Specialist:
- Personal consultations focus on optimizing physical, mental, and spiritual health through diet and lifestyle recommendations based on the Ayurvedic perspective.
- Educational workshops/retreats based on the ancient life science known as Ayurveda are regularly scheduled. Watch this space for updates on topics, dates and times.
Private Yoga Therapeutics:
Private yoga consultations are designed to allow for a more intimate view into your practice. You can safely start a new yoga practice, deepen an existing practice or spend some time working with an injury or condition. Working one on one allows you to experience the benefits of yoga in a safe, personal way. This is an ideal way for yoga novices to develop a home practice and/or prepare to safely join existing yoga classes.
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT):
A 90-minute, one-on-one session consists of practitioner assisted yoga postures and a dialogue process that is client-centered, open-ended and non-directive. The client is facilitated through a present moment experience of self — physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually that provides insight into the bigger picture of how he/she relates to daily life — work, play, family and relationships. While a series of sessions are often most helpful, profound change has been known to occur in a single session. Ideal for yoga novices as well as long time practitioners.
A series of 8 theme-based Phoenix Rising Therapeutic Yoga Classes can also be made available with 10-12 participants.
PRYT’s mission is to support individuals moving in the direction of a life worth living – a purpose driven and meaningful life experience with less stress and anxiety and with fulfilling work and relationships.
For prices please see service prices.